#^[dev update] Addition of Production Infrastructures and Production Modes [WIP] + WEAGES Design [WIP]
January 13 Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.17 version:
- [WIP] Adding assets: New Infrastructures and Production Modes.
- [WIP] Weather and Geophysics System (WEAGES).
- Adding assets: 2D pictures and icons.
- Full UI standardization.
- Infrastructures (database)
- [New: NOT DEV] add two data related with staff members; hours of work and services by day. These data will affect the production of an infrastructure for each standard day by defining the hourly working period. They also affect the volume of staff members by design.
These working periods will be also affected according to the type of race / ethnic groups working for an infrastructure (only effective if 100% occupied by the same race/ethnic group). Ex; NSAIs (Non-Sentient AIs) occupied infrastructures will have longer working hours than if occupied by baseline humans.
- New Infrastructures:
- [New: NOT DEV] Ice Crusher.
- [New: NOT DEV] Ore Smelter.
- [New: DONE] Nuclear Lab.
- [New: NOT DEV] Vacuum Induction Furnace.
- Infrastructures (in-game)
- Staff Members:
- [New: NOT DEV] the rule to pick staff members among the population is now fully multiracial and multiethnic. So the game can take a different race/ethnic group for each category to fulfill, according to certain sets of equivalence.
- Interface – General
- [New: DONE] changed the French translation of Nuclear Pellets into a better one (thanks Wikipedia).
- [New: NOT DEV] the hints of the HUD buttons display now the keyboard shortcuts for each of them.
- Interface – Settlements
- [New: NOT DEV] a new information is added, when an available infrastructure is selected, indicating the power consumption of this one when fully enabled. So it includes the consumed base power of the infrastructure itself (for its power grid, electrical equipment and so on) and also the power used by all its production if any. The power consumption of custom effects are already integrated into the base power by design.
- Language System
- [New: DONE] addition of rule that prevents to chose a word already taken.
- [New: NOT DEV] add a new category of Posthumans; Mutant Soldier (human heavily modified in more or less horrible ways for military purposes).
- Production System
- Production Modes:
- [New: NOT DEV] Carbonaceous Ore Refining: full implementation.
- [New: WIP] Uranium Ore Refining: full implementation.
- addition of energy product:
- [New: DONE] Deuterium-Tritium (DT).
- addition of materials product:
- [New: DONE] Depleted Uranium (DU).
- modification of energy product:
- [New: DONE] Nuclear Pellets: put the right mass/unit, the one in the data was for Depleted Uranium…
- modification of materials:
- [New: DONE] Aluminium: adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength.
- [New: DONE] Carbon Composites: adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength.
- [New: DONE] Concrete: adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength.
- [New: DONE] Multi-Walled Nanotubes (MWNT): adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength. Removed also two old and deprecated data.
- [New: DONE] Nanocomposites: adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength. Removed also two old and deprecated data.
- [New: DONE] Plastics: added the Environment Hazards tag.
- [New: DONE] Single-Walled Nanotubes (SWNT): adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength.
- [New: DONE] Steel: adjusted base tensile strength. Adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength.
- [New: DONE] Titanium: adjusted base tensile strength. Adjusted technoscience affect w/ tensile strength and young modulus.
I know, it’ s a lot of NOT DEV yet, but that’s the plan I working on.
I passed a certain time to defining clear rules and calculations for the Uranium Ore Refining and it is fully done, I just need to complete its implementation.
The good thing is that the design rules / calculations I put in place for it will alos pave the way for the calculations of refining of the other ores, speeding the process.
As a reminder, the goal of this part is to provide all the way to produce and refine all the ores of the games and also to give means to produce food and oxygen. It is already the case for water.
This way there will not be free ride anymore until the end of the Colonization Phase.
The production will also be affected by the staff members working for it. There are working hours and services, and they will varies according to which race and ethnic group will fulfill which working position.
For example, non-sentient AIs can be more efficient than baseline humans for specific works but less adaptable for others.
Yes, the infrastructures will be with this version fully in phase with the multiracial / multiehtnic groups. It is an automated system that will pick the best fitted entities for specific working position.
thus, if you have a mixed population with for ex. baseline and genemod humans, and sentient AIs, the system will be able to mix population among the staff member of an infrastructure.
This part will occurs during the pahse when the system try to fulfill the positions of staff members, after the transition phase of an infrastructure is done.
In parallel I also working on the Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) and I finally started to define data, rules and calculations to determine the Regional Weather Effects. It’s not an easy thing to do something coherent and dynamic without being totally random, but it will be done.
As a reminder again, this system is the last new feature that will be implemented until the full completion of the alpha 10. The rest of the work will be to fill “holes” in the code among the game systems, adding full basic assets (including factions and planetary systems), and of course fleshing up the Knowledge Base, which has actually more holes than the Titanic…
That’s all for now, stay tuned!